Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Jesus is my boyfriend

Yo yo yo, long time no read. Okay, maybe it's only been a few days or whatever.

There is something that God has been working on my heart lately that I feel the sudden need to blog about (what did I do before the days of this thing?) - RELATIONSHIPS.

Here's the thing. I'm 21 years old, I feel more like 25 years old, and I really love the Lord. Like, A LOT A LOT. Having said that, my views towards "dating" and "relationships" are a little different than it was before I became so close to God and grew up a bit. God has made it 100% clear to me that I am no longer going to be dating any ole dude who shows up, is cute, makes me laugh, and can be a modern day gentleman (whatever that means?).

Let me explain.

SO. My whole philosophy on dating (before) was that I would meet a guy, probably in some cool coffee shop or at a concert of one of my favorite bands, who is super charming, has rockin style, and is mega funny. Then he would ask me out, he'd continue to pursue me, and we'd be a cool, stylish couple roaming the streets of downtown Austin. WRONG-O. Thanks for playing.

Sounds kinda cool, right? No. It doesn't.

Now that I look at that picture, I see that there is something WAY off about it. At what point do we talk about God and His freaking incredible kingdom? At what point does he ask if he can pray for or with me? At what point does he ask me to volunteer on a Saturday at the food bank with him? That isn't in the previous picture I just painted. And for some people, that picture is okay! It really is. 
-- But it's not for me

LISTEN. UP. LADIES.
The quality in a dude that is most attractive to me now is not his sense of style, how often he works out, or how hilarious he is (which are all still super good qualities), but it's how much he LOVES THE LORD. End of story. That's it. That's the only true standard I have for a guy. Granted, that's a very high standard, and I realize that it makes me way more picky now, but I refuse to be with a dude if it's not going to glorify God's kingdom. Ephesians 5:32 says it perfectly, "...for it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one." THAT is what a couple should be. THAT is what I stinkin want. No doubt in my mind. If God wants me to be single for the rest of my life, then I will do that and I will be happy, no matter what. But as for now, I'm still gonna be praying for my future husband, wherever/whoever that dude may be. You never know what kind of curve ball God will throw your way. And for the record, a Christian guy is NOT the same as a spiritual leader.

If you're a single christian gal, I encourage you to be praying for your future husband.

Things to pray for your future husband for: that he continues in pursuit of the Lord's heart, that he finds strength in the Lord and nothing else, that he learns to be a humble servant for the Kingdom, and many many more. 

Since it's honesty hour, I even pray for things such as that he will be able to not only tolerate, but LIKE all of the out-of-control outfits that I wear.  

No prayer is too ridiculous for God. I promise. With all of that said, until the day comes that God puts a dude in my life for that reason, Jesus is my boyfriend

In Him,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment